Friday, May 22, 2009

Comic Cuts

I've had one of those weeks where I've been working on half a dozen things and nothing actually gets finished. At least we're not talking two steps forward and one step back—everything's going in the right direction but it would be nice to be able to draw a line under something and say "That's done!"

Last week I mentioned the upcoming Frank Bellamy's The Story of World War 1. Well, I've now got artwork scans destined for The Art of Ron Embleton to hand, so I'm hoping to get back to work on that soon, and I'm two-thirds of the way through the clean-up on 'Wells Fargo'. Of my own little publishing projects I've now got four lined up and should start announcing things soon. The first is well underway; I've a complete set of scans for another; a third is partly scanned; and I've located copies of the fourth, which will be going onto the scanner at the first opportunity. I've cover artists lined up for three of the four. So, again, everything moving in the right direction.

What I've decided is that I'll make announcements of titles once I've got the first set of proofs in hand, which should be six weeks or so ahead of publication... that way I avoid disappointing people if plans change. However, I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll be announcing something within the next few weeks. Start saving your pennies now.

I blew all my other news yesterday with the announcement that Titan are doing Johnny Red (scroll down the page if you missed it), so I'll just say that Harry Hawkes and those "Eagles of the Western Front" will be back next week in what's possibly the best story so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books