Monday, August 06, 2012

World of Wonder part 56

For newcomers: World of Wonder was a British educational magazine, always considered the lesser companion to Look and Learn. A broken run of the paper came into my hands a few years ago and I was surprised at how good some of the illustrations were. So this series is a quick spin through the issues that I have – I'm simply scanning images that made me look twice, which means these galleries are a little random. But fun . . . you can take a look at some of the galleries of the past by following this link.

Two by L. Ashwell Wood from World of Wonder 87 (20 November 1971) and 92 (25 December 1971), plus a pair of pics by Wilf Hardy.

L. Ashwell Wood

L. Ashwell Wood

 Wilf Hardy



 Wilf Hardy

(* World of Wonder © Look and Learn Ltd.)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Through your blog I've finally managed to track down the magazines that I remember reading as a kid -- I inherited a huge pile of them from friends of the family and must have pored over every page of every issue. In the intervening decades they've long since vanished and I'd completely forgotten the name, but could remember some of the covers quite vividly. That cover of Issue 56 has confirmed it for me -- the guy lying on the train tracks.

    ReplyDelete

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books