Friday, March 19, 2010

Comic Cuts - 19 March 2010

After last week's scanning excitement, this week has been poor by contrast, tidying up over 600 scans so they can be sent off to Finland. Add a 72-hour cold that I presumably picked up at the weekend which wiped me out mid-week (and is still hanging around) to the dull but heavy workload and I've not been having the best of times. And it started so well, as we went ten-pin bowling and I won (first time in years!), had a nice weekend with friends celebrating a couple of birthdays and picked up a nice little job scanning some book covers (not brilliantly paid, but all money for the pot).

Next week it'll be back work on the Haggard book, re-lettering "King Solomon's Mines", so I should have some samples for you by the next Comic Cuts column.

"Rupert of Hentzau" finishes tomorrow so I'll have a dig around on Sunday for something new to begin Monday. I already have an idea but I'll have to see if I have all the necessary issues.

So that's all for this week... I'm off for a Lemsip.

(* Artwork is from Air Ace Picture Library #53, "Day of Reckoning", artwork by Ian Kennedy, © IPC Media.)

1 comment:

  1. My favorite Air Ace ever - anyone that hasn't read this one is in for a treat.

    Brilliant artwork and a script to match.

    Very exciting Steve and some great restoration work too.

    ReplyDelete

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books