Thursday, October 20, 2022

Comic Cuts — 20 October 2022


Bad news... both Mel and I went down with the Covid. We think Mel picked it up at a gig she attended with a friend of ours who has also tested positive. She began feeling poorly on Friday last week and tested positive on Saturday morning. I was OK all weekend, maybe a slight headache on Sunday evening. Felt shivery on Monday evening, almost identically to how I felt after my first vaccine jab, and took a test... also positive.

I have had a relatively mild dose. Poor Mel has been like a cat hacking up a series of furballs for the last few days while I am more like a Victorian lady coughing lightly into a monogrammed hanky. My throat is a bit scratchy, my sinuses a bit blocked, I sneeze every now and then... it's no worse than a bad cold. Perhaps the only thing I've noticed is that I have been exhausted since Tuesday, partly because I'm fighting off a virus but mostly because I'm so superbly hydrated that I keep getting up during the night for a wee. I get back to bed, cough for a bit and end up reading for an hour before I'm settled enough to get to sleep again.

Anyway, that's all the news I have. I'm being incredibly lazy. I ended up working over the weekend because there was some things I needed to get done before I inevitably went down with the virus. Hopefully I'll get back in the swing of things next week.

(* I'm posting this early, on Thursday afternoon, just in case I sleep in late. We will be back to our regular Friday morning slot next episode.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books