Sunday, January 11, 2015

Temeraire

Here's another odd name from the pages of Commando. Temeraire is credited with a single cover dating from October 1983. Tank Killer had internal artwork by Denis McLoughlin wrapped up in the cover that can be seen above.

It is not a common name anywhere in the world, which makes me wonder if the cover comes from the Franco-Belgian pocket format war comic Téméraire, published by Artima in the 1960s and 1970s. I found a couple of examples on eBay which you can see below.

Can anyone identify the issue from which the above cover came from? Or perhaps point me in the right direction if I'm wrong about this being a reprint cover...


2 comments:

  1. Got the picture ! A rework of Téméraire #144 from may 1972 (éditions Arédit)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks, Marc-André. I'm pleased to see my guesswork was correct and I greatly appreciate the additional information.

    ReplyDelete

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books