Friday, April 16, 2010

Comic Cuts - 16 April 2010

I'm chipping away at the Haggard book still. The introduction is written and I've only 31 pages out of 112 still left to clean up... so I'm confident that I can finish the book next week. I've been asked to write an article on old sleazy paperbacks, and I've some proofing that needs to be done which will probably keep me busy until the end of the month. After that... well, I'm not sure. I've a couple of projects that I could start. We'll see how I feel.

Something else I've been marginally involved in is a new book about Denis McLoughlin that is being put together by my sometimes indexing partner David Ashford. There's always an undercurrent of interest in Denis who, sadly, died 8 years ago by his own hand. I had the pleasure of knowing Denis from meeting him at various paperback get-togethers and occasional chats on the phone. It's hoped that the book will be out this year and I'll try to keep everyone up-to-date with any news.

Talking of biographies, the much-anticipated biography Frank Hampson by Alistair Crompton announced in February (and which Alistair discussed here), is running a little late. I hear on the grapevine that the book is now at the printers and should be out in May rather than April. Tomorrow Revisited can be pre-ordered from the PS Publishing website.

Talking of Eagle... um... I was going to post something in time for the 60th anniversary on Wednesday the 14th but I completely failed to get anything together as I was too busy celebrating my own birthday over the weekend. Maybe next year for the 61st...

Hound of the Baskervilles comes to an end today. New strip next week if I can get pages together on Sunday. A mystery author tomorrow and a couple of contributions coming up from other folk so I can maybe take a day off, tho' I'll only end up frittering it away in front of the TV. I've 6 or 7 episodes of 24 on the recorder that are crying out to be watched, I still don't know how A Touch of Frost ends and the pile of unwatched DVDs and unread books is growing. I guess the fact that I really believe there are less hours in the day, less days in the week and less days in the month (how else can you explain why it's mid-April already?) just proves I'm growing longer in the tooth. But not so old I can't operate the DVD, I guess. There's still hope for me yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books