Friday, August 07, 2026

Comic Cuts — 7 August 2026


Exciting news, readers! My copies of THE SHRINKER are on their way and should arrive tomorrow. I'll put the book up on my Ebay shop as soon as I can. It does mean the early bird discount will be coming to an end, so if you want to benefit from a bit of money off, order your copy now. You have until the weekend.

I'm keeping busy with the next couple of books, the first of which will hopefully be out before the British Comics Swap Meet in Colchester on October 10th. Indeed, I'm hoping to have it out in September, with a second volume out in October or November. Introductions are now finished and I'm doing a second pass on the artwork, which is my second least favourite job in compiling these books. (The worst job is the first pass on the artwork!)

With the temperature a balmy 23°, today feels rather more comfortable compared to earlier in the week. We've had 23 days with a daytime temperature of 25° or above and across Essex we had an average of 0.3mm of rain; I sat here and watched it rain for about three minutes one Wednesday in the middle of July. That little splash meant that we weren't going to break the record of May/June 2025, which was 40 days without rain.

Our grass has turned yellow and isn't growing (a silver lining, I suppose); we have two tomato plants and a cucumber plant that I keep watered and we're seeing some results: four cucumbers and seven cherry tomatoes to date. I have a feeling the crop might be disappointing (I can see two more cucumbers starting to grow and maybe another two dozen tomatoes), but at least we didn't get the blossom end rot that we had last year.

There isn't much more in the way of news to report, so I'll end on some random scans. To keep them random, I'm just going to pick books with wrap-around covers.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books