Friday, August 09, 2019

Whatever has happened to Bear Alley?

You may have noticed a lack of posts since the middle of July. We've had what BT Openreach describe as an "Infrastructure Event" at our ocal exchange, which they have been unable to fix for over three weeks. I'm currently managing my life -- Ebay being my current source of income -- via a local vegan restaurant, who are letting me sit in for a couple of hours a day when it's not busy, piggybacking off their wi-fi, for the price of a cup of coffee.

I had no access to email until earlier this week, so I've a lot to catch up on. Not quite sure how many -- I've deleted 600 mails and it still tells me there are 999+ left.

I'm making occasional updates to Facebook, which is easier to access than the blog which requires aa verification e-mail on a very slow system.

I'll try to post more news when I can. Hopefully we'll be back soon, but -- to give you an idea of the severity of the problem -- BT Openreach are saying they'll have things fixed "by August 29th" which would mean six weeks to resolve a problem.

I'll be back first chance I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books