Friday, December 30, 2011

Comic Cuts - 30 December 2011

This is going to be brief as I've spent most of the week relaxing in front of the television, and almost as much of the week thinking how lousy TV is nowadays. There's usually just enough to keep me and Mel entertained of an evening, with the occasional dip into a box set or a film on DVD, so it usually works out quite nicely; Christmas, on the other hand, means family and, most years, my sister's addiction to soaps. Not a problem this year as she couldn't get away from work until Tuesday. Lovely to see her, but I was secretly pleased not to have to watch Emmerdale or Coronation Street, only to end up watching Strictly Come Dancing.

The things we do for our families!

Escaping into my office for the occasional cigarette, I've managed to tweak the last few pages of 'The Crusader', so I'm now in a position to start laying out the Pages from History book. Mind you, I've also got to think about getting some paying work done and there's New Year still to cope with. Chance are that next week's column will be as slim on news as this one. Hopefully not. We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm determined to get to the proofing stage in January and will start taking pre-orders at that point, once I'm confident that the whole thing looks good.

Today's random scans are a clutch of horror covers from Digit Books,

 
 
 
 
A Leap Into the Future comes to an end tomorrow. I'm not sure what we'll have next week, but I do know that we should have another Paul Temple yarn starting shortly. Maybe Monday, maybe not. Depends on what I can get done before Midnight chimes in the new year.

All the best for 2012 to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books