Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Plotlands

Plotlands was a 6-part BBC TV show broadcast in 1996 filmed partly in Wivenhoe. I found a news item in a local newspaper recently and photographed the location on Sunday morning. (The column header is actually five photographs stitched together!)

I don't remember watching Plotlands when it came out – it doesn't really sound like my cup of tea. However, I found this preview from the Independent (22 September 1996), which sounds intriguing and reviews that I've found seem fairly positive: it scores 7.4/10 on IMDB. The show starred Amanda Abbingdon, better known today as Mary Morstan (Mrs. John Watson) in Sherlock and Miss Mardle in Mr. Selfridge, and also featured Saskia Reeves (Luther, Wolf Hall), David Ryall (Grandad in Outnumbered), Rebecca Callard (Ruth Walsh in Coronation Street), Philip Whitchurch (Tyler in My Hero) and others.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books