BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books

Monday, April 30, 2012

World of Wonder part 33

For newcomers, World of Wonder was a British educational magazine published in the early 1970s. Often considered the lesser companion to Look and Learn, I had to look through all the issues I had recently, when I was researching the Pages from History book, and was reminded just how good some of the illustrations were. As it's not a magazine that many have collected, I'm trawling through the copies I have (not a complete set by any means) and gathering together a few galleries featuring images that take my fancy. You can find more of these mini-galleries by following this link.

Gerry Haylock


Ralph Bruce

Ralph Bruce

Will Nickless

(* World of Wonder © Look and Learn Ltd.)

1 comment:

Mike W said...

The illustrations appear more basic, possibly aimed at a younger readership, than the ones in Look and Learn.