Saturday, December 13, 2008

Nothing to do with comics...

Due to excessive alcohol intake last night and a need to get the last of the Trigan Empire volumes proofed, Bear Alley will be taking a day off.

So here are two singles from the pile that I've been recording. Yep, thought I'd finished, turns out I hadn't... but I have now... really... I really have...

At top, The Sweet. This was the first single I ever bought myself, way back in 1974. I was torn between buying "Tiger Feet" by Mud or "Teenage Rampage". Picked the latter. Never regretted it. Still one of the finest glam rock singles ever released.

And at the other end of the scale, how the hell did I end up with this terrible piece of disco-pop in my singles collection? I don't even remember buying it. I do remember that Jilly Johnson and Nina Carter were popular Page 3 models. Thankfully I don't have anything by Samantha Fox, so I can still hold my head up.

But it begs the question: what's the most embarrassing thing in your collection. Could be a single, a comic or whatever. Here's your chance to confess anonymously.

4 comments:

  1. THe most embarrassing thing must be an issue of "Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complete collection of Partridge Family albums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, I'm a proud owner of Samantha Fox's TOUCH ME album... I also have a Sabrina photo LP... They play actually quite well in discos. Hated them when I was kid myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've still got a copy of Dollars first LP and I used to own the U2 back cataloug and you can't get more cringe worthy than that.

    ReplyDelete

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS

BEAR ALLEY BOOKS
Click on the above pic to visit our sister site Bear Alley Books